Amazing Opportunity for a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, APRN
- - Providers
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Vacation, CME & Tuition Reimbursement
The Advanced Practice RN (APRN) Neonatal Nurse Practitioner works as an educator, advocate and care provider and is responsible for the care and well-being of patients in the Newborn Intensive Care Units (NICU). The NICU APRN Nurse Practitioner manages and coordinate nursing and patient care management for Eskenazi Health's Newborn Intensive Care Unit in collaboration with physicians/interdisciplinary team. The NICU APRN Nurse Practitioner provides diagnostic as well as therapeutic intervention and day-to-day evaluation, including diagnostic and pharmacologic intervention under the direction of a physician.
Eskenazi Medical Group employees are expected to model PRIDE values (Professionalism, Respect, Innovation, Development, and Excellence) and be positive representatives of our organization on and off the job. This earns the trust and respect necessary to serve all of our customers with excellence. Employees proactively contribute to EMG's mission and professional goals: Advocate, Care, Teach, and Serve.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Implement and coordinate a plan of care for patients to address the physical, emotional and psychosocial needs of patients and families.
• Serve as an informational resource to patients, families, and staff.
• Refers appropriately to physician and allied health care referrals.
• Provide daily contact with patients, families, and visitors.
• Provide daily contact with interdepartmental members (physicians, nurses, NPs, ancillary staff, etc.)
• Coordinates patient care with other departments as needed.
• May provide direct supervision of personnel offering feedback on performance and clinical competencies to the individual and management
• Informs administration of any need for repairs to clinic equipment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE TYPICALLY ACQUIRED THROUGH:
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a Master of Science degree
• Current Indiana license as a Registered Nurse or current registration with another State Board of Nursing followed by immediate registration with the Indiana Board of Nurse Examiners for license endorsement
• • Collaborative agreement with affiliated physician group
• Credentialing agreement with Eskenazi Health within 6 months of hire
• Current Indiana Controlled Substance and Drug Enforcement Registration
• Expertise in the practice of Neonatal care
• Specialty certification if available.
• Special privileging:
o Chest tube placement and removal
o Endotracheal intubation
o Fine needle aspiration
o Lumbar puncture
o Percutaneous venous catheter placement and removal
o Umbilical vessel catheter placement and removal
Eskenazi Health system commitment: We will
Expect collegial and multidisciplinary approaches to problem solving from all providers working in our system.
Respect clinician autonomy where evidence for a standard of care has yet to be developed. Different approaches should be evaluated to determine the optimal ones, which should then be adopted broadly. Care pathways will be assessed based on quality/outcomes, effects on workflow, and costs.
Commit ourselves to improvement in quality, processes, and the work environment.
Share information openly regarding vision, mission, and strategy, and the progress towards meeting those targets.
Provide timely reporting on quality, volume, financial, and other operations metrics to providers.
Improve chains of communication between providers and administration to make decision making and problem solving as transparent as possible.
Promote Eskenazi Health as a superior learning environment for undergraduate, graduate, and practitioner education in medicine, nursing, pharmacy and other clinical specialties, and provider opportunities for clinical research with our patients.
Seek the input of providers to develop novel services for our patient populations.
Be a leader in promoting wellness among our providers, staff, and patients.
Support career development of providers through inclusion of them in project teams, research projects, and leadership development activities, including coaching and training in improved patient satisfaction.
Recruit and retain superior providers and staff (including those employed by EMG and IUHP) through actions that recognize successes, address provider engagement, and address low performance among staff and providers in a timely fashion.
Eskenazi Health has been named to Becker's Hospital Review's 2018 list of "150 Great Places to Work In Health Care." This is the 3rd year in a row now that EH has received this honor.