Amazing Opportunity For A Nurse Practitioner at Eskenazi Medical Group- OB/GYN
- - Providers
- IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Vacation, CME & Tuition Reimbursement
Eskenazi Medical Group (EMG) is seeking a highly qualified Nurse Practitioner to join the OB-GYN team. EMG is affiliated with Eskenazi Health and employs physician and advanced practice providers who support the Eskenazi Health system. A multi-specialty provider group, it strives to be a leading primary care provider serving all patients regardless of ability to pay or condition of health while advancing medicine through teaching and research.
Eskenazi Health is one of American's largest safety net health systems with more than 1 million outpatient visits each year. Partnering with the Indiana University School of Medicine, Eskenazi Health serves as the public hospital division of the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County, Indiana. In addition to the 327-bed hospital located on its downtown Indianapolis campus, Eskenazi Health provides services at 10 federally qualified health care centers and multiple mental health sites and residential facilities located throughout Indianapolis. Eskenazi Health is accredited by The Joint Commission and has been highlighted as one of the nation's 150 best places to work by Becker's Hospital Review for four consecutive years.
Indianapolis offers affordable housing, excellent schools and a wealth of entertainment options, including a variety of amateur and professional sports teams, dynamic museums, live theater productions, symphony and opera concerts, a wide variety of shopping options and restaurants, and numerous outdoor festivals, as well as the famous Indy 500 race each May
The Nurse Practitioner-OB/GYN manages and coordinates nursing and patient care management for in collaboration with physicians/interdisciplinary team. This position provides diagnostic, as well as therapeutic intervention and day-to-day evaluation, including diagnostic and pharmacologic intervention under the direction of a physician. The Nurse Practitioner implements and coordinates plans of care to address the physical, emotional, and psychosocial needs of patients and families and serves as the informational resource to patients, families, and staff. The Nurse Practitioner also makes appropriate physician and allied health care referrals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Proactively contributes to Eskenazi Health's mission: Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve with special emphasis on the vulnerable population of Marion County. Models Eskenazi Health values of Professionalism, Respect, Innovation, Development and Excellence
• Assesses patient health status by reviewing complete health history to include all past medical, family, and psychosocial history and conducts a comprehensive physical examination of the patient
• Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests and procedures to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health status
• Prescribes and adjusts dosage of medications per written protocol or in consultation with a physician
• Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as necessary for appropriate care of the patient
• Formulates appropriate differential diagnosis and identifies both individual and family needs; develops a plan and coordinates outpatient management, including education and home/community care
• Triage outpatient telephone assessments, interprets and records data and consults or reports information to medical provider to determine plan of care and appropriate follow-up
• Provides continuity of care through all stages of illness - diagnosis, treatment, relapse and terminal care, as well as continued health maintenance and observation for potential late effects of therapy
• Participates in daily medical rounds with health care team and house staff to assess patient needs
• Serves as information resource to patients and their families to provide instruction regarding diagnosis, treatment, methods, and objectives
• Maintains clinical competency in medical and nursing care of patients and stays informed of current trends and developments in nursing practice
• Acts as an educational resource for the medical and nursing staff, other health care providers and community agencies/providers in regard to the specific care of patients
• Plans and participates in the orientation of new nurse practitioners, nursing staff, fellows, residents, medical students and nursing students
• Plans and participates in research/investigation related to the specific area, and medical outcomes
• Incorporates research findings into practice as applicable; compares clinical practices to national standards in order to positively affect patient outcomes
• Develops and/or provides educational materials for patients, families and health care professionals
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Ability to:
o collaborate with other health care team members to enhance patient care across the continuum
o assess system and patients' needs and function autonomously to develop and implement programs to improve patient care
o work without direct supervision
o be flexible and work effectively in teams/groups
o handle the pressure of life-threatening situations
• Skills in:
o verbal and written communications
o organization, negotiation, collaboration and problem-solving
• Demonstrates leadership abilities by serving as a mentor to influence patient outcomes
• Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data/interpret appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to age-specific needs
• Ability to use age-appropriate and cognitive skills detailed in the
department/area/unit job specific/age specific competencies
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE TYPICALLY ACQUIRED THROUGH:
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a Master of Science degree in Nursing
• Current Indiana license as a Registered Nurse
• Minimum of two years of related clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferred
• Must successfully complete credentialing process through the Eskenazi Health Medical Staff Affairs Department
• Prescriptive authority from the Health Professions Bureau of the State of Indiana may be required
Eskenazi Health system commitment: We will
Expect collegial and multidisciplinary approaches to problem solving from all providers working in our system.
Respect clinician autonomy where evidence for a standard of care has yet to be developed. Different approaches should be evaluated to determine the optimal ones, which should then be adopted broadly. Care pathways will be assessed based on quality/outcomes, effects on workflow, and costs.
Commit ourselves to improvement in quality, processes, and the work environment.
Share information openly regarding vision, mission, and strategy, and the progress towards meeting those targets.
Provide timely reporting on quality, volume, financial, and other operations metrics to providers.
Improve chains of communication between providers and administration to make decision making and problem solving as transparent as possible.
Promote Eskenazi Health as a superior learning environment for undergraduate, graduate, and practitioner education in medicine, nursing, pharmacy and other clinical specialties, and provider opportunities for clinical research with our patients.
Seek the input of providers to develop novel services for our patient populations.
Be a leader in promoting wellness among our providers, staff, and patients.
Support career development of providers through inclusion of them in project teams, research projects, and leadership development activities, including coaching and training in improved patient satisfaction.
Recruit and retain superior providers and staff (including those employed by EMG and IUHP) through actions that recognize successes, address provider engagement, and address low performance among staff and providers in a timely fashion.
Eskenazi Health has been named to Becker's Hospital Review's 2018 list of "150 Great Places to Work In Health Care." This is the 3rd year in a row now that EH has received this honor.