Amazing Opportunity For A Nurse Practitioner At Eskenazi Medical Group - ED/CDU - Evening Shift - 7pm - 7am
- - Providers
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Vacation, CME & Tuition Reimbursement
Eskenazi Medical Group (EMG) is seeking a highly qualified Nurse Practitioner to join the Emergency team. EMG is affiliated with Eskenazi Health and employs physician and advanced practice providers who support the Eskenazi Health system. A multi-specialty provider group, it strives to be a leading primary care provider serving all patients regardless of ability to pay or condition of health while advancing medicine through teaching and research.
Eskenazi Health is one of American's largest safety net health systems with more than 1 million outpatient visits each year. Partnering with the Indiana University School of Medicine, Eskenazi Health serves as the public hospital division of the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County, Indiana. In addition to the 327-bed hospital located on its downtown Indianapolis campus, Eskenazi Health provides services at 10 federally qualified health care centers and multiple mental health sites and residential facilities located throughout Indianapolis. Eskenazi Health is accredited by The Joint Commission and has been highlighted as one of the nation's 150 best places to work by Becker's Hospital Review for four consecutive years.
Indianapolis offers affordable housing, excellent schools and a wealth of entertainment options, including a variety of amateur and professional sports teams, dynamic museums, live theater productions, symphony and opera concerts, a wide variety of shopping options and restaurants, and numerous outdoor festivals, as well as the famous Indy 500 race each May.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) in the Emergency Department/Clinical Decision Unit (CDU) demonstrates clinical expertise in assessment, diagnostic reasoning, and the therapeutic management of acutely ill individuals. The NP will use research and theoretical principles in implementing therapies that restore health, minimize complications, and manage risk factors. We strive to integrate patient care across the continuum of health care services in collaboration with other healthcare professionals, families, and patients. This is for the evening shift 7pm - 7am.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Proactively contributes to Eskenazi Health's mission: Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve with special emphasis on the vulnerable population of Marion County. Models Eskenazi Health's values of Professionalism, Respect, Innovation, Development and Excellence
Quality Patient Care
• Performs a focused history and physical assessment that includes data from all relevant sources
• Provides appropriate diagnosis/treatment and prescribes medications as necessary
• Provides patient education verbally and in writing regarding the diagnosis and treatment plan
• Selects treatment interventions to promote quality of care while considering safety, effectiveness, and cost
• Evaluates patient responses in relation to care provided and the expected outcomes
• Documents care in an accurate and comprehensive manner that is retrievable
• Identifies patients whose illnesses are beyond the Nurse Practitioner scope of practice and collaborates with emergency department physicians or specialty consultants as needed
• Demonstrates courteous and professional manner towards patients, colleagues, and the public
Integrity and Professionalism
• Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality and trustworthiness
• Acts in a way that promotes a positive, respectful, and supportive environment for patients, families, and coworkers
• Accepts responsibility for quality of own work
• Maintains appropriate and up to date licensing, certifications, and continuing education
• Uses resources efficiently, conservatively, and is cost conscious
• Presents self in a professional manner
• Regularly attends and participates in staff meetings
• Fosters a team environment among coworkers
• Serves as preceptor to new staff and students. Educates staff in formal/informal presentations
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Effective verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Outstanding organization skills and ability to multi-task
• Strong communication, negotiation, collaboration and problem-solving skills
• Flexibility and effective teamwork
• Handles pressure of life-threatening situations
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE TYPICALLY ACQUIRED THROUGH:
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with a Master of Science degree in Nursing
• Current Indiana license as a Registered Nurse
• Current Indiana registration as a Nurse Practitioner
• Certification within specialty by the ANCC or AANP within one year of employment
• Minimum of two years of related clinical experience in Urgent Care, Emergency, Critical Care Nursing or relevant experience as a Nurse Practitioner
• Daily contact with patients, families, and visitors
• Daily interdepartmental contact with coworkers, physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff
• Frequent contact with other departments to coordinate patient care
• Maintains patient and family confidentiality
• Maintains protected health information in accordance with HIPAA privacy guidelines and regulations
• Adheres to the Nurses Code of Ethics and works within a Nurse Practitioners' scope of practice
• Continually strives to increase knowledge and skills. Responsible for maintaining continued competence in the Nurse Practitioner role
• May provide direct supervision of personnel offering feedback on performance and clinical competencies to the individual and management as needed
• Informs administration of any need for repairs to clinic equipment.
SPECIAL EFFORT REQUIRED:
• Walks, sits, stands, and lifts/moves heavy patients
• Remains awake and alert at all times
• Lifts minimum of 20 to 30 pounds (patients and/or equipment)
• Pushes and/or pulls 20 to 30 pounds (patients and/or equipment)
• Squats, stoops, bends, twists, and kneels in order to meet patient needs and/or operate equipment
• Work 8-12 hour shifts
• Arrives at work during severe weather conditions (including but not limited to snow, wind, hail, thunderstorms, dust and extreme heat/cold)
Eskenazi Health system commitment: We will
Expect collegial and multidisciplinary approaches to problem solving from all providers working in our system.
Respect clinician autonomy where evidence for a standard of care has yet to be developed. Different approaches should be evaluated to determine the optimal ones, which should then be adopted broadly. Care pathways will be assessed based on quality/outcomes, effects on workflow, and costs.
Commit ourselves to improvement in quality, processes, and the work environment.
Share information openly regarding vision, mission, and strategy, and the progress towards meeting those targets.
Provide timely reporting on quality, volume, financial, and other operations metrics to providers.
Improve chains of communication between providers and administration to make decision making and problem solving as transparent as possible.
Promote Eskenazi Health as a superior learning environment for undergraduate, graduate, and practitioner education in medicine, nursing, pharmacy and other clinical specialties, and provider opportunities for clinical research with our patients.
Seek the input of providers to develop novel services for our patient populations.
Be a leader in promoting wellness among our providers, staff, and patients.
Support career development of providers through inclusion of them in project teams, research projects, and leadership development activities, including coaching and training in improved patient satisfaction.
Recruit and retain superior providers and staff (including those employed by EMG and IUHP) through actions that recognize successes, address provider engagement, and address low performance among staff and providers in a timely fashion.
Eskenazi Health has been named to Becker's Hospital Review's 2018 list of "150 Great Places to Work In Health Care." This is the 3rd year in a row now that EH has received this honor.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page