NP Needed For Breast Surgery Clinic
- - Providers
- IN, USA
- Full Time
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Nurse Practitioner (NP) – Breast Surgery Clinic works as an educator, advocate and care provider and is responsible for the care, treatment, and well-being of patients followed in the Breast Surgery Clinic. Specific job duties will be reviewed annually based on volume and practice needs. The APRN in the Breast Surgery Clinic provides job functions as outlined in the APRN job description (AP600E9) with a focus on breast disease including both malignant and benign breast conditions and breast-health issues.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Practices following national standard of care guidelines, such as National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guidelines and others as appropriate.
- Completes prior authorizations for medications, genetic testing, and procedures utilized in specialty care services for patients receiving care in the Breast surgery clinic.
- Provides clinical care as outlined in the nurse practitioner job description to patients in Breast Surgery clinic in the following categories
- New patients to Breast Surgery clinic: urgent new cancer appointments, benign diagnoses, and patient referrals including those linked to the Breast and Cervical Cancer Program (BCCP)
- Benign breast disease: includes high risk lesion and imaging follow-up by assessing, diagnosing, and providing treatment and necessary further follow up.
- Supportive care during course of active treatment. Includes coordination of care with other disciplines
- Genetic testing: education, information, and completion of testing
- Survivorship care: includes preparation of specific paperwork and monitoring patients and their visits.
- Cancer follow up: collaborates with surgeon regarding long term follow up
- High risk clinic: completes assessment, risk evaluation, prevention, screening, and diagnosis. Cares for those at high risk for developing breast cancer using evidence-based prevention and screening guidelines.
- Urgent same day add-ons
- Consults at St. Margaret's Breast Imaging Center
- Wound care as needed
- Formulates the appropriate differential diagnosis based on history, physical exam, clinical findings and diagnostic test findings
- Develops care plan and communicates plan to patient, their care giver, or family
- Provides support for the surgeon(s) while in clinic.
- Attends quarterly breast surgeons meeting
- Completes chart notes, orders, tasks, and communication with team members and other providers in a timely fashion.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page