Amazing Opportunity For An Adult Addictions Psychiatrist
- - Providers
- IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, 457b. Vacation, Tuition and CME Reimbursement, Loan Repayment Opportunities
Eskenazi Medical Group (EMG) and the Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center is seeking a highly qualified Adult Addictions Psychiatrist. Established in 1969, Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center is Indiana's first community mental health center. It provides comprehensive care for all types of emotional and behavioral problems, including severe mental illness and substance abuse. Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center offers both inpatient and outpatient services in multiple locations throughout Indianapolis.
EMG is affiliated with Eskenazi Health and employs physician and advanced practice providers who support the Eskenazi Health system. A multi-specialty provider group, it strives to be a leading primary care provider serving all patients regardless of ability to pay or condition of health while advancing medicine through teaching and research. Multiple employment opportunities are available at number of health care centers throughout Indianapolis.
Eskenazi Health is one of American's largest safety net health systems with more than 1 million outpatient visits each year. Partnering with the Indiana University School of Medicine, Eskenazi Health serves as the public hospital division of the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County. In addition to the 327-bed hospital located on its downtown Indianapolis campus, Eskenazi Health provides services at 10 federally qualified health care centers and multiple mental health sites and residential facilities located throughout Indianapolis. Eskenazi Health is accredited by The Joint Commission and has been highlighted as one of the nation's 150 best places to work by Becker's Hospital Review for four consecutive years.
Indianapolis offers affordable housing, excellent schools and a wealth of entertainment options, including a variety of amateur and professional sports teams, dynamic museums, live theater productions, symphony and opera concerts, a wide variety of shopping options and restaurants, and numerous outdoor festivals, as well as the famous Indy 500 race each May.
Midtown Mental Health at Eskenazi Health is the oldest and largest Community Mental Health center in Indiana and offers a variety of practice opportunities and settings. The Psychiatrist engages in patient care and clinical leadership in a professional and ethical manner, consistent with the goals and objectives of Midtown Mental Health and Eskenazi Health. Additional aspects may include research activities, contributing to the education of a variety of learners, and participating in administrative roles.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF AN ADULT ADDICTIONS PSYCHIATRIST:
• Directs clinical service activities
• Diagnoses mental illness and addictions consistent with the most recent version of the DSM
• Initiates and reviews the efficacy of ongoing treatment of patients, including medication, psychotherapies, laboratory monitoring, and treatment plans in accordance with organizational, state, and national standards of care
• Determines necessity of care and level of care, which includes clinical risk management evaluations
• Reviews and signs treatment plans, providing additional recommendations as necessary
• Completes necessary medical documentation in a consistent and timely manner in accordance with organizational policies and procedures
• Provides consultation
• Performs medical screenings and evaluations of patients
• Evaluates need for and orders seclusion and/or restraints
• Provides documentation and/or testimony to legal entities to initiate, maintain, or determine the course of treatment for patients
• Modifies treatment to ensure adequate care appropriate to the age and gender of patients, their cultural background, and other pertinent personal circumstances that may affect patient care
• Makes appropriate referrals to clinical services needed for psychiatric treatment that are unavailable at Midtown or Eskenazi Health, and takes action to assist in facilitating these
• Provides services at agreed upon clinics and locations; participates in overnight, weekend, and holiday call as assigned
• Maintains service provisions standards as outlined by the CEO and CMO of Midtown Community Mental Health Center, the Chief of Psychiatric Services, and the CMO and CEO of Eskenazi Health
• Maintains service level as outlined by the Midtown CMO
• Collaborates with all areas of Eskenazi Health and service providers to optimize clinical outcomes
• Complies with all regulatory directives
• Participates in ongoing professional performance review discussions
• Graduation from accredited medical school or school of osteopathic medicine
• Completion of residency in psychiatry, with completion of fellowship in psychiatry subspecialty as appropriate
• Ongoing CME activity necessary to maintain privileging, board certification and maintenance, and subspecialty status
• Candidate must have Board Certification or be Board Eligible with intent to achieve certification within five years of employment
• Indiana State Medical License in good standing, with associated CSR
• DEA certification; X-DEA waiver if appropriate for clinical setting
• Medicare, Medicaid, and NPI provider numbers
• Suboxone waiver
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE TYPICALLY ACQUIRED THROUGH:
• Knowledge of DSM criteria for mental illness and addiction, latest edition
• Knowledge and ability to perform diagnostic psychiatric interviews and basic physical exams, and to order and interpret relevant laboratory finding
• Knowledge of risk assessments and legal procedures such as emergency detentions, commitments, duty to warn, and notifications of CPS/APS when indicated
• Knowledge of detoxification protocols and medication assisted treatments for substance use disorders
• Knowledge of clinical care boundaries, as well as therapeutic and legal issues related to clinical discharge from care
• Knowledge of principles of individual, group, couples and family therapy
• Knowledge and ability to perform billing procedures
• Knowledge of HIPPA guidelines and their implementation
• Knowledge of computer skills including the use of email, Microsoft Word and Excel, internet use, and use of electronic medical records including e-prescribing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Eskenazi Health system commitment: We will
Expect collegial and multidisciplinary approaches to problem solving from all providers working in our system.
Respect clinician autonomy where evidence for a standard of care has yet to be developed. Different approaches should be evaluated to determine the optimal ones, which should then be adopted broadly. Care pathways will be assessed based on quality/outcomes, effects on workflow, and costs.
Commit ourselves to improvement in quality, processes, and the work environment.
Share information openly regarding vision, mission, and strategy, and the progress towards meeting those targets.
Provide timely reporting on quality, volume, financial, and other operations metrics to providers.
Improve chains of communication between providers and administration to make decision making and problem solving as transparent as possible.
Promote Eskenazi Health as a superior learning environment for undergraduate, graduate, and practitioner education in medicine, nursing, pharmacy and other clinical specialties, and provider opportunities for clinical research with our patients.
Seek the input of providers to develop novel services for our patient populations.
Be a leader in promoting wellness among our providers, staff, and patients.
Support career development of providers through inclusion of them in project teams, research projects, and leadership development activities, including coaching and training in improved patient satisfaction.
Recruit and retain superior providers and staff (including those employed by EMG and IUHP) through actions that recognize successes, address provider engagement, and address low performance among staff and providers in a timely fashion.
Eskenazi Health has been named to Becker's Hospital Review's 2018 list of "150 Great Places to Work In Health Care." This is the 3rd year in a row now that EH has received this honor.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page