Amazing Opportunity For An Area Chief Psychiatrist
- - Providers
- IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, 457b. Vacation, Tuition and CME Reimbursement, Loan Repayment Opportunities
Eskenazi Medical Group is seeking an Area Chief Psychiatrist of Addiction Services for the Midtown Community Health Center. This position will provide leadership, expertise and care for staff and patients. It is ideal for an addictions psychiatrist ready for the next step in their career. Midtown Mental Health at Eskenazi Health is the oldest and largest Community Mental Health center in Indiana and offers a variety of practice opportunities and settings. The Psychiatrist engages in patient care and clinical leadership in a professional and ethical manner, consistent with the goals and objectives of Midtown Mental Health and Eskenazi Health. Additional aspects may include research activities, contributing to the education of a variety of learners, and participating in administrative roles.
Eskenazi Medical Group employees are expected to model PRIDE values (Professionalism, Respect, Innovation, Development, and Excellence) and be positive representatives of our organization on and off the job. This earns the trust and respect necessary to serve all our customers with excellence. Employees proactively contribute to EMG's mission and professional goals: Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve.
Eskenazi Medical Group is seeking an Area Chief Psychiatrist of Addiction Services for the Midtown Community Health Center. This position will provide leadership, expertise and care for staff and patients. It is ideal for an addictions psychiatrist ready for the next step in their career.
The successful Area Chief Psychiatrist of Addiction Services will influence our organization's ongoing operations and success. In addition, this role will:
• Operate within the Indiana Medical Practice Act
• Develop and administer policies and standards of care
• Participate in the delivery of clinical services in the area
• Represent center-wide medical policies and procedures
• Review clinical data within the program for utilization
• Participate in center-wide quality improvement & quality of care
• Meet with members of staff & service providers to facilitate planning and implementation of goals
• Assist/ support managers to schedule staff for appropriate care
• Share oversight of productivity/ outcome measures
• Assist the Program Manager in analysis of cost and time issues
• Serve on committees/ task forces in the Center, Eskenazi Health, & Indiana University Medical Center
• Direct and coordinate education and training of staff, students, & residents in the program
• Assist with recruitment of psychiatrists
• Alter activities/behaviors to ensure adequate care for patients
• Maintain memberships in professional organizations and participate regularly
• Assume other responsibilities assigned by the center CMO and CEO
• Minimum of Doctor of Medicine degree or equivalent, plus specialty psychiatric training; medical administrative experience in the field of psychiatry/mental health is desirable but not required
• Must be Board Certified
• Sub-specialty training in addiction psychiatry, with a minimum of three years of clinical experience in addiction psychiatry
Eskenazi Health system commitment: We will
Expect collegial and multidisciplinary approaches to problem solving from all providers working in our system.
Respect clinician autonomy where evidence for a standard of care has yet to be developed. Different approaches should be evaluated to determine the optimal ones, which should then be adopted broadly. Care pathways will be assessed based on quality/outcomes, effects on workflow, and costs.
Commit ourselves to improvement in quality, processes, and the work environment.
Share information openly regarding vision, mission, and strategy, and the progress towards meeting those targets.
Provide timely reporting on quality, volume, financial, and other operations metrics to providers.
Improve chains of communication between providers and administration to make decision making and problem solving as transparent as possible.
Promote Eskenazi Health as a superior learning environment for undergraduate, graduate, and practitioner education in medicine, nursing, pharmacy and other clinical specialties, and provider opportunities for clinical research with our patients.
Seek the input of providers to develop novel services for our patient populations.
Be a leader in promoting wellness among our providers, staff, and patients.
Support career development of providers through inclusion of them in project teams, research projects, and leadership development activities, including coaching and training in improved patient satisfaction.
Recruit and retain superior providers and staff (including those employed by EMG and IUHP) through actions that recognize successes, address provider engagement, and address low performance among staff and providers in a timely fashion.
Eskenazi Health has been named to Becker's Hospital Review's 2018 list of "150 Great Places to Work In Health Care." This is the 3rd year in a row now that EH has received this honor.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page