Amazing Opportunity For A Physiatrist
- - Providers
- IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, 457b. Vacation, Tuition and CME Reimbursement, Loan Repayment Opportunities
Eskenazi Medical Group (EMG) is seeking a highly qualified Physiatrist to join its team. EMG is affiliated with Eskenazi Health and employs physician and advanced practice providers who support the Eskenazi Health system. A multi-specialty provider group, it strives to be a leading primary care provider serving all patients regardless of ability to pay or condition of health while advancing medicine through teaching and research.
Eskenazi Health is one of American's largest safety net health systems with more than 1 million outpatient visits each year. Partnering with the Indiana University School of Medicine, Eskenazi Health serves as the public hospital division of the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County, Indiana. In addition to the 327-bed hospital located on its downtown Indianapolis campus, Eskenazi Health provides services at 10 federally qualified health care centers and multiple mental health sites and residential facilities located throughout Indianapolis. Eskenazi Health is accredited by The Joint Commission and has been highlighted as one of the nation's 150 best places to work by Becker's Hospital Review for four consecutive years.
Indianapolis offers affordable housing, excellent schools and a wealth of entertainment options, including a variety of amateur and professional sports teams, dynamic museums, live theater productions, symphony and opera concerts, a wide variety of shopping options and restaurants, and numerous outdoor festivals, as well as the famous Indy 500 race each May.
Work with variety of conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system and function. Non-surgical options for pain, physical impairments and disability.
• Neuro (SCI, Stroke, Degenerative diseases, TBI etc.)
• Amputee Care
• Spinal and Joint Injections
• Musculoskeletal disorders
• Brain Injury
• Hospice and Palliative Medicine
• Neuromuscular Medicine Pain Medicine
• Pediatric Rehab
• Spinal Cord Injury
• Sports Medicine
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Graduation from accredited medical school.
• Successful completion of an ACGME or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) (or foreign equivalent) accredited post-graduate training program in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation• Ongoing CME activity necessary to maintain privileging, board certification and maintenance, and subspecialty status.
• Maintains active Board certification in Psychiatry.
• Maintain BLS certification.
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to meet and maintain current Eskenazi Health credentialing and privileging requirements.
• Indiana State Medical License in good standing, with associated CSR.
• DEA certification; X-DEA waiver required for Psychiatrists practicing at primary care health centers.
• Medicare, Medicaid, and NPI provider numbers.
Eskenazi Health system commitment: We will
Expect collegial and multidisciplinary approaches to problem solving from all providers working in our system.
Respect clinician autonomy where evidence for a standard of care has yet to be developed. Different approaches should be evaluated to determine the optimal ones, which should then be adopted broadly. Care pathways will be assessed based on quality/outcomes, effects on workflow, and costs.
Commit ourselves to improvement in quality, processes, and the work environment.
Share information openly regarding vision, mission, and strategy, and the progress towards meeting those targets.
Provide timely reporting on quality, volume, financial, and other operations metrics to providers.
Improve chains of communication between providers and administration to make decision making and problem solving as transparent as possible.
Promote Eskenazi Health as a superior learning environment for undergraduate, graduate, and practitioner education in medicine, nursing, pharmacy and other clinical specialties, and provider opportunities for clinical research with our patients.
Seek the input of providers to develop novel services for our patient populations.
Be a leader in promoting wellness among our providers, staff, and patients.
Support career development of providers through inclusion of them in project teams, research projects, and leadership development activities, including coaching and training in improved patient satisfaction.
Recruit and retain superior providers and staff (including those employed by EMG and IUHP) through actions that recognize successes, address provider engagement, and address low performance among staff and providers in a timely fashion.
Eskenazi Health has been named to Becker's Hospital Review's 2018 list of "150 Great Places to Work In Health Care." This is the 3rd year in a row now that EH has received this honor.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page