Amazing Opportunity For A Pain Anesthesiologist
- - Providers
- IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, 457b. Vacation, Tuition and CME Reimbursement, Loan Repayment Opportunities
It is the responsibility of the Pain Anesthesiologist to model and uphold the mission, vision and standard of performance within the hospital. The Anesthesiologist must be cognizant of, and comply with, hospital policies and procedures, EMG employment requirements and procedures as well as pertinent state and federal regulations.
Eskenazi Medical Group employees are expected to model PRIDE values (Professionalism, Respect, Innovation, Development, and Excellence) and be positive representatives of our organization on and off the job. This earns the trust and respect necessary to serve all of our customers with excellence. Employees proactively contribute to EMG's mission and professional goals: Advocate, Care, Teach, and Serve.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Clinical Practice and Education
• Administers interventional pain management (injections and/or implantable therapies).
• Performs procedures including:
o Lumbar Epidural Injection
o Lumbar and Cervical Facet Block and Ablative Treatment Lumbar Discography
o Lumbar and Cervical Sympathetic Block
o Sympathetic Neurolytic Procedures
o Caudal Epidural Injection
o Cervical Epidural
o Selective Nerve Root Block
• Build practice by working with hospital leadership/staff and other medical specialties.
• Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
• Confer with other medical professionals to determine type and method of anesthetic/pain management medications.
• Order laboratory tests, x-rays, and other diagnostic procedures.
• Order medical diagnostic or clinical tests.
• Inform students and staff of types and methods of anesthesia administration, signs of complications, and emergency methods to counteract reactions. Train medical providers.
• Provide medical care and consultation in many settings.
• Refer patients to other healthcare practitioners or health resources.
• Prescribe medication, treatments or therapies.
• Manage anesthesiological services, coordinating them with other medical activities and formulating plans and procedures.
• Diagnose medical conditions and illnesses, using examinations, tests, and reports.
• Coordinate and direct work of nurses, medical technicians, and other health care providers.
• Provide health and wellness advice to patients, program participants, or caregivers.
• Participate in quality initiatives and development of policies and procedures.
• Active participant in clinic operations in order to meet service and performance goals.
Integrity and Professionalism
• Maintains positive relationships with staff, providers, and other employees and displays outstanding teamwork with other disciplines. This includes collaborating with medical staff in a positive and collegial manner.
• Consistently seeks excellence in living out the PRIDE values at all times and in all interactions with patients, families, staff, providers and others.
• Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
• Acts in a way that promotes a positive, respectful, and supportive environment for patients, families, and coworkers.
• Takes responsibility for quality of own work.
• Continually strives to increase knowledge and skills and is responsible for maintaining continued competence as a Physician.
• Maintains appropriate and up to date licensing, certifications, and continuing education.
• Uses resources efficiently and is cost conscious.
• Follows organization's policies and procedures.
• Presents self in a professional manner.
• Supports organizational goals and objectives.
• Fosters a team environment among coworkers.
• Provides feedback, when appropriate, regarding clinic staff performance and clinical competencies to clinical staff and management as needed.
Supervises students and residents and other trainees as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Current licensure as an MD to practice in the State of Indiana by the State Board of Medical Examiners.
• Current DEA, CSR Registration.
• Board Eligible or Boards Certified in physician specialty. If Board Eligible at the time of hire, must be Board Certified within 3 years of hire date.
• Pain Anesthesia fellowship
• Insurability (malpractice)
• Current BLS or PALS
• Must be able to meet and maintain current Eskenazi Health credentialing and privileging requirements.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Committed to EMG's mission and values
• Demonstrates a philosophy of collaboration and teamwork; an appreciation of the importance of the clinical team, and what nursing, patient care departments and operations brings to the patient care endeavor, and the strength of that clinical partnership
• The ability to understand and mediate the concerns of others
• Is adaptable and promotes the concepts of people working together versus individual performance
• Demonstrates commitment to the underserved
• Ability to assess system and patients' needs and function autonomously to develop and implement programs to improve patient care
• Demonstrates leadership abilities by serving as a mentor to influence patient outcomes
• Ability to review/critique pertinent research literature related to specialty areas and promotes evidence based practices to improve patient care
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills related to team development, group process, conflict management and negotiations
• Patient care areas, clinics, and normal office environment
• May be required to attend meetings or perform work remote from clinic or hospital campus
• Maintains clean and uncluttered work environment
• Follows universal precautions in cleaning up or disposing of any blood or body fluids
• Exposure to communicable diseases and infections.
• Risk of injury from lifting/moving patients and/or equipment
• An individual in this position may be exposed to:
o Adverse indoor and outdoor environmental conditions
o Bloodborne pathogens
o Physical and chemical hazards
(Innovation, Development, and Excellence) and be positive representatives of our organization on and off the job. This earns the trust and respect necessary to serve all our customers with excellence. Employees proactively contribute to EMG's mission and professional goals: Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve.
Eskenazi Health system commitment: We will
Expect collegial and multidisciplinary approaches to problem solving from all providers working in our system.
Respect clinician autonomy where evidence for a standard of care has yet to be developed. Different approaches should be evaluated to determine the optimal ones, which should then be adopted broadly. Care pathways will be assessed based on quality/outcomes, effects on workflow, and costs.
Commit ourselves to improvement in quality, processes, and the work environment.
Share information openly regarding vision, mission, and strategy, and the progress towards meeting those targets.
Provide timely reporting on quality, volume, financial, and other operations metrics to providers.
Improve chains of communication between providers and administration to make decision making and problem solving as transparent as possible.
Promote Eskenazi Health as a superior learning environment for undergraduate, graduate, and practitioner education in medicine, nursing, pharmacy and other clinical specialties, and provider opportunities for clinical research with our patients.
Seek the input of providers to develop novel services for our patient populations.
Be a leader in promoting wellness among our providers, staff, and patients.
Support career development of providers through inclusion of them in project teams, research projects, and leadership development activities, including coaching and training in improved patient satisfaction.
Recruit and retain superior providers and staff (including those employed by EMG and IUHP) through actions that recognize successes, address provider engagement, and address low performance among staff and providers in a timely fashion.
Eskenazi Health has been named to Becker's Hospital Review's 2018 list of "150 Great Places to Work In Health Care." This is the 3rd year in a row now that EH has received this honor.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page