Amazing Opportunity for a Psychiatrist
- - Providers
- IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, 457b, Vacation, Tuition and CME Reimbursement, Loan Repayment Opportunities
An Eskenazi Health Center Psychiatrist engages in patient care and clinical leadership in professional ethical manners consistent with the goals and objectives of Eskenazi Health Center, Eskenazi Health and Eskenazi Medical Group. Additional aspects may include research activities, contributing to the education of a variety of learners and participating in administrative roles.
Eskenazi Medical Group employees are expected to model PRIDE values (Professionalism, Respect, Innovation, Development, and Excellence) and be positive representatives of our organization on and off the job. This earns the trust and respect necessary to serve all our customers with excellence. Employees proactively contribute to EMG's mission and professional goals: Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Directs clinical service activities
o Diagnose mental illness/addictions consistent with the most recent version of the DSM
o Initiate and review the efficacy of ongoing treatment of patients, including medication, psychotherapies, laboratory monitoring, and treatment plans in accordance with organizational, state, and national standards of care.
o Determine necessity of care and level of care, which includes clinical risk management evaluations.
o Review and sign treatment plans, providing additional recommendations as necessary.
o Complete necessary medical documentation in consistent and timely manner in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
o Provide consultation.
o Perform medical screening and evaluations of patients.
o Evaluate need for and order seclusion and/or restraints.
o Provide documentation and/or testimony to legal entities to initiate, maintain, or determine the course of treatment for patients.
o Modify treatment to ensure adequate care appropriate to the age and gender of patients, their cultural background, and other pertinent personal circumstances that may affect patient care.
o Make appropriate referrals to clinical services needed for psychiatric treatment that are unavailable at Eskenazi Health Center or Eskenazi Health, and take action to assist in facilitating these.
• Provides services at agreed upon clinic and location(s) and participates in overnight, weekend, and holiday call as assigned.
• Maintains service provisions standards as outlined by the CEO of Eskenazi Health Center, the Chief of Psychiatric Services, and Chief Medical Officer of Eskenazi Health Center.
• Collaborates with all areas of Eskenazi Health and service providers to optimize clinical outcomes.
• Complies with all regulatory directives.
• Participates in ongoing professional performance review discussions.
ASSOCIATED JOB DUTIES:
• Participate in Medical Staff Meetings, ongoing administrative meetings, and clinical/team meetings to support achieving the goals of the organization.
• Adjusts to changing work conditions as necessary to meet the needs of patients, staff, and the organization.
• Uphold the Mission and Values of Eskenazi Medical Group and Eskenazi Health.
• Adhere to the Policies and Procedures as outlined in the Medical Staff By-Laws, Eskenazi Health Center's Policies and Procedures, Eskenazi Health Policies and Procedure Manuals, and Eskenazi Medical Group Policies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Administrative and Review Activities
• Participates in the development, the implementation, and the evaluation of standards of care; of policies and procedures; and methods of patient care and service provision.
• Participates in the performance review of coworkers as appropriate
• Notifies Eskenazi Health Center Administration, and Legal Services as appropriate, of unexpected outcomes and potential complications surrounding patient care.
• Formal and informal provision of clinical supervision and professional development to students, residents, advanced practice providers (APPs), and all staff members. This may involve role modeling, informal discussions, formal presentations, collaborative agreements, case reviews, direct regular clinical supervision, and/or collaborative agreements with APPs.
• Participate in live and/or online educational activities necessary to maintain privileging and as determined necessary.
• May design and implement research studies in area of expertise, coordinating and certifying with all required regulatory bodies including the IRB and other applicable research oversight committees.
• May present clinical information and research findings at local, regional, and national meetings.
• May publish educational material, journal articles, books, and other print or online material to enhance clinical care and services.
• May participate in professional organizations, community service activities, and affiliate activities with the IUSOM Department of Psychiatry.
Supervises students and residents and other trainees at EHC as assigned by the CPE or Medical Director.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Committed to EMG's mission and values.
• Demonstrates a philosophy of collaboration and teamwork; an appreciation of the importance of the clinical team, and what nursing, patient care departments and operations brings to the patient care endeavor, and the strength of that clinical partnership.
• The ability to understand and mediate the concerns of others.
• Is adaptable and promotes the concepts of people working together versus individual performance.
• Demonstrates commitment to the underserved.
• Ability to assess system and patients' needs and function autonomously to develop and implement programs to improve patient care.
• Demonstrates leadership abilities by serving as a mentor to influence patient outcomes.
• Ability to review/critique pertinent research literature related to specialty areas and promotes evidence based practices to improve patient care.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills related to team development, group process, conflict management and negotiations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Graduation from accredited medical school.
• Completion of residency in psychiatry, with completion of fellowship in psychiatry subspecialty as appropriate.
• Ongoing CME activity necessary to maintain privileging, board certification and maintenance, and subspecialty status.
• Maintains active Board certification in Psychiatry.
• Maintain BLS certification.
• Knowledge base:
o Knowledge of DSM criteria for mental illness/addiction, latest edition
o Knowledge and ability to perform diagnostic psychiatric interviews, basic physical exams, order and interpret relevant laboratory findings.
o Knowledge of risk assessments and legal procedures such as emergency detentions, commitments, Duty to Warn, and notifications of CPS/APS when indicated
o Knowledge of detoxification protocols and medication assisted treatments for substance use disorders
o Knowledge of clinical care boundaries, as well as therapeutic and legal issues related to clinical discharge from care
o Knowledge of principles of individual, group, couples and family therapy
o Knowledge and ability to perform billing procedures
o Knowledge of HIPPA guidelines and their implementation
o Knowledge of computer skills including the use of email, Microsoft Word and Excel, internet use, and use of electronic medical records including e-prescribing
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to meet and maintain current Eskenazi Health credentialing and privileging requirements.
• Indiana State Medical License in good standing, with associated CSR.
• DEA certification; X-DEA waiver required for Psychiatrists practicing at primary care health centers.
• Medicare, Medicaid, and NPI provider numbers.
• Patient care areas, clinics, and normal office environment
• May be required to attend meetings or perform work remote from clinic or hospital campus
• Maintains clean and uncluttered work environment
• Follows universal precautions in cleaning up or disposing of any blood or body fluids
• Exposure to communicable diseases and infections.
• Risk of injury from lifting/moving patients and/or equipment
• An individual in this position may be exposed to:
o Adverse indoor and outdoor environmental conditions
o Bloodborne pathogens
o Physical and chemical hazards
Eskenazi Health system commitment: We will
Expect collegial and multidisciplinary approaches to problem solving from all providers working in our system.
Respect clinician autonomy where evidence for a standard of care has yet to be developed. Different approaches should be evaluated to determine the optimal ones, which should then be adopted broadly. Care pathways will be assessed based on quality/outcomes, effects on workflow, and costs.
Commit ourselves to improvement in quality, processes, and the work environment.
Share information openly regarding vision, mission, and strategy, and the progress towards meeting those targets.
Provide timely reporting on quality, volume, financial, and other operations metrics to providers.
Improve chains of communication between providers and administration to make decision making and problem solving as transparent as possible.
Promote Eskenazi Health as a superior learning environment for undergraduate, graduate, and practitioner education in medicine, nursing, pharmacy and other clinical specialties, and provider opportunities for clinical research with our patients.
Seek the input of providers to develop novel services for our patient populations.
Be a leader in promoting wellness among our providers, staff, and patients.
Support career development of providers through inclusion of them in project teams, research projects, and leadership development activities, including coaching and training in improved patient satisfaction.
Recruit and retain superior providers and staff (including those employed by EMG and IUHP) through actions that recognize successes, address provider engagement, and address low performance among staff and providers in a timely fashion.
Eskenazi Health has been named to Becker's Hospital Review's 2018 list of "150 Great Places to Work In Health Care." This is the 3rd year in a row now that EH has received this honor.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page