Amazing Opportunity For An Advanced Practice Registered Nurse: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- - Providers
- IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Generous PTO, CME & Tuition Reimbursement, Loan Repayment Opportunities
The Psychiatric Mental Health Advanced Practice RN (APRN) –practices as a specialist in psychiatric and mental health that works as an educator, advocate and care provider and is responsible for the care and well-being of patients with psychiatric disorders, intellectual disabilities and/or substance abuse/use impairment across the lifespan using a holistic model of psychiatric-mental health care.
Eskenazi Medical Group employees are expected to model PRIDE values (Professionalism, Respect, Innovation, Development, and Excellence) and be positive representatives of our organization on and off the job. This earns the trust and respect necessary to serve all our customers with excellence. Employees proactively contribute to EMG's mission and professional goals: Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assessment of mental health needs of acute and chronically ill individuals with a mental health condition.
- Diagnose simple and complex mental health and psychiatric conditions.
- Develop and execute treatment plans to manage patients with psychiatric conditions
- Conduct physical exams, order and interpret tests.
- Provide therapeutic interventions including prescribing and monitoring psychotropic and other medications.
- Provide individual psychotherapy (if trained)
- Manage patients with psychiatric, mental health, and substance abuse/use conditions utilizing evidence based practice.
- Counsel on preventive care
- Expertise in the practice of nursing validated by five years of current clinical practice including two years in the area of specialty practice.
- PMHNP (psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner) certification required.
- Credential with APN core and psychiatry care specialty
Eskenazi Health system commitment: We will
Expect collegial and multidisciplinary approaches to problem solving from all providers working in our system.
Respect clinician autonomy where evidence for a standard of care has yet to be developed. Different approaches should be evaluated to determine the optimal ones, which should then be adopted broadly. Care pathways will be assessed based on quality/outcomes, effects on workflow, and costs.
Commit ourselves to improvement in quality, processes, and the work environment.
Share information openly regarding vision, mission, and strategy, and the progress towards meeting those targets.
Provide timely reporting on quality, volume, financial, and other operations metrics to providers.
Improve chains of communication between providers and administration to make decision making and problem solving as transparent as possible.
Promote Eskenazi Health as a superior learning environment for undergraduate, graduate, and practitioner education in medicine, nursing, pharmacy and other clinical specialties, and provider opportunities for clinical research with our patients.
Seek the input of providers to develop novel services for our patient populations.
Be a leader in promoting wellness among our providers, staff, and patients.
Support career development of providers through inclusion of them in project teams, research projects, and leadership development activities, including coaching and training in improved patient satisfaction.
Recruit and retain superior providers and staff (including those employed by EMG and IUHP) through actions that recognize successes, address provider engagement, and address low performance among staff and providers in a timely fashion.
Eskenazi Health has been named to Becker's Hospital Review's 2018 list of "150 Great Places to Work In Health Care." This is the 3rd year in a row now that EH has received this honor.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page