Great Opportunity for a Primary Care Pediatrician
- - Providers
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, 457b, Vacation, CME & Tuition Reimbursement, Loan Repayment Opportunities
Eskenazi Medical Group (EMG) is seeking a highly qualified Primary Care Pediatrician to join its team. EMG is affiliated with Eskenazi Health and employs physician and advanced practice providers who support the Eskenazi Health system. A multi-specialty provider group, it strives to be a leading primary care provider serving all patients regardless of ability to pay or condition of health while advancing medicine through teaching and research.
Eskenazi Health is one of American's largest safety net health systems with more than 1 million outpatient visits each year. Partnering with the Indiana University School of Medicine, Eskenazi Health serves as the public hospital division of the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County, Indiana. In addition to the 327-bed hospital located on its downtown Indianapolis campus, Eskenazi Health provides services at 10 federally qualified health care centers and multiple mental health sites and residential facilities located throughout Indianapolis. Eskenazi Health is accredited by The Joint Commission and has been highlighted as one of the nation's 150 best places to work by Becker's Hospital Review for four consecutive years.
Indianapolis offers affordable housing, excellent schools and a wealth of entertainment options, including a variety of amateur and professional sports teams, dynamic museums, live theater productions, symphony and opera concerts, a wide variety of shopping options and restaurants, and numerous outdoor festivals, as well as the famous Indy 500 race each May.
A Pediatrics Physician of Eskenazi Medical Group (EMG) and Eskenazi Health Center Inc. (EHC), provides the full scope of services which fall under individual field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to patients from birth through adolescence. In addition, a Pediatrics Physician is a member of the Eskenazi Health Center team. In that capacity they are expected to be committed to the philosophy, goals and objectives of the Center and work collaboratively to achieve them.
It is the responsibility of the Pediatrics Physician to model and uphold the mission, vision and standard of performance within the health center. The Pediatric Physician must be cognizant of, and comply with, all Center policies and procedures, EMG employment requirements and procedures as well as pertinent state and federal regulations.
Eskenazi Medical Group employees are expected to model PRIDE values (Professionalism, Respect, Innovation, Development, and Excellence) and be positive representatives of our organization on and off the job. This earns the trust and respect necessary to serve all our customers with excellence. Employees proactively contribute to EMG's mission and professional goals: Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve.
Clinical Practice and Education
Works closely with the CPE or Medical Director for practice quality and employment requirements:
1. Obtains health history and perform examinations
2. Diagnoses and directs counseling for each patient on a plan for treatment
3. Prescribes medication in accordance with Indiana statute and professional guidelines
4. Performs minor procedures
5. Arranges referral for patients requiring services not offered at EHC, including transfer to other facilities for pediatric inpatient care
6. Reviews reports and provides follow-up in a timely manner
7. Complies with EH medical staff bylaws, all applicable EH, EHC, EMG requirements, policies and procedures, and EH Infection Control plan. Ensures compliance by support staff
8. Participates in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings
9. Assists in updating protocols and principles of practice as requested
10. Actively supports and participates in all quality of care, performance improvement, and patient safety activities
11. Actively supports the achievement of identified performance and quality metrics
12. Supports patient experience and customer services initiatives, use AIDET, assure all patient interactions are professional
13. Assures patients are efficiently seen and dispositioned to assure their needs are met or exceeded with good cycle times
14. Actively supports our teaching mission by precepting residents, medical students and other trainees
15. Accurately and consistently completes and attests notes from patient visits, signs and closes encounters preferably within 24 hours, but absolutely within 72 hours of the encounter
16. Meets the requirements and deadlines for all provider mandates from EH, EHC, and EMG, including but not necessarily limited to required CME hours, completion of annual PPD, annual flu shot, and any mandatory training assignments
17. When requested by leadership, represents EMG and/or EHC, and/or EH on assigned internal and external committees, task forces, commissions, agencies and promotional or public relations efforts regarding EH's primary care clinical affairs
18. With the exception of UVC and Peds Newborn affiliated Pediatric Physicians, meets at a minimum the 25th percentile MGMA of WRVU
Integrity and Professionalism
1. Maintains positive relationships with staff, providers, and other employees and displays outstanding teamwork with other disciplines. This includes collaborating with Advanced Practice Providers in a positive and collegial manner
2. Consistently seeks excellence in living out the PRIDE values at all times and in all interactions with patients, families, staff, providers and others
3. Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality and trustworthiness
4. Acts in a way that promotes a positive, respectful, and supportive environment for patients, families, and coworkers
5. Takes responsibility for quality of own work
6. Continually strives to increase knowledge and skills and is responsible for maintaining continued competence as a Physician
7. Maintains appropriate and up to date licensing, certifications, and continuing education
8. Uses resources efficiently and is cost conscious
9. Follows organization's policies and procedures
10. Presents self in a professional manner
11. Supports organizational goals and objectives
12. Fosters a team environment among coworkers
13. Provides feedback, when appropriate, regarding clinic staff performance and clinical competencies to clinical staff and management as needed
Supervises students and residents and other trainees at EHC as assigned by the CPE or Medical Director.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Current licensure as an MD/DO to practice in the State of Indiana by the State Board of Medical Examiners.
2. Current DEA, DPS certification
3. Board Eligible or Boards Certified in Pediatrics. If Board Eligible at the time of hire, must be Board Certified within 3 years of hire date
4. Insurability (malpractice)
5. Current BLS or PALS
6. Must be able to meet and maintain current Eskenazi Health credentialing and privileging requirements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Committed to EMG's mission and values
• Demonstrates a philosophy of collaboration and teamwork; an appreciation of the importance of the clinical team, and what nursing, patient care departments and operations brings to the patient care endeavor, and the strength of that clinical partnership
• The ability to understand and mediate the concerns of others
• Is adaptable and promotes the concepts of people working together versus individual performance
• Demonstrates commitment to the underserved
• Patient care areas, clinics, and normal office environment
• May be required to attend meetings or perform work remote from clinic or hospital campus
• Maintains clean and uncluttered work environment
• Follows universal precautions in cleaning up or disposing of any blood or body fluids
• Exposure to communicable diseases and infections.
• Risk of injury from lifting/moving patients and/or equipment
• An individual in this position may be exposed to:
Adverse indoor and outdoor environmental conditions
Physical and chemical hazards
Eskenazi Health system commitment: We will
Eskenazi Health has been named to Becker's Hospital Review's 2018 list of "150 Great Places to Work In Health Care." This is the 3rd year in a row now that EH has received this honor.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page