Great Opportunity At Eskenazi Medical Group For A Hospitalist Physician
- - Providers
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, 457b, Vacation, Tuition & CME Reimbursement, Loan Repayment Opportunities
Eskenazi Health is one of American's largest safety net health systems with more than 1 million outpatient visits each year. Partnering with the Indiana University School of Medicine, Eskenazi Health serves as the public hospital division of the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County, Indiana. In addition to the 327-bed hospital located on its downtown Indianapolis campus, Eskenazi Health provides services at 10 federally qualified health care centers and multiple mental health sites and residential facilities located throughout Indianapolis. Eskenazi Health is accredited by The Joint Commission and has been highlighted as one of the nation's 150 best places to work by Becker's Hospital Review for four consecutive years.
Indianapolis offers affordable housing, excellent schools and a wealth of entertainment options, including a variety of amateur and professional sports teams, dynamic museums, live theater productions, symphony and opera concerts, a wide variety of shopping options and restaurants, and numerous outdoor festivals, as well as the famous Indy 500 race each May.
Job Role Summary
The Hospitalist will report to the Hospitalist Medical Director. Hospitalists are engaged in managing the clinical problems of acutely ill, hospitalized patients. The hospitalist will provide teaching, research, and/or leadership in the field of hospital medicine.
Hospitalist physicians will provide clinical care for patients admitted at Eskenazi Hospital, support surgical and specialty services through consultative general internal medicine practice, and teach staff, graduate medical trainees, and medical students on inpatient educational rotations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Perform in a manner to create and sustain a positive work culture with cross-department collaboration and in alignment with Eskenazi Health and Eskenazi Medical Group initiatives
• Provide assessment, diagnostic determination, ongoing clinical management, necessary referral for consultation, care planning, therapeutic orders, transfer authorization, risk assessment, and determination as appropriate for discharge or transfer of patients, both directly and via supervision of trainees
• Collaboration, communication and coordination with all physicians and healthcare personnel caring for hospitalized patients
• Perform bedside rounds on all patients (either with team members or independently) and provide attending notes on all assigned patients
• Perform review of resident notes for format, relevance, and accuracy with correction as needed, including completeness of dates, times, and legible signatures, ensuring timely completion of all professional records and documentation in compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory, licensure and accreditation requirements
• Review, revise as needed, and co-sign patient discharge summaries within expected timeframes
• Complete all medical record documentation and billing submissions within one business day of service
• Provide prompt, effective, and efficient cross-cover of residents to allow them to attend scheduled educational sessions as well as role-modeling of handoffs to attending physicians coming on-service
• Provide direct contact and consultation with patient's family members, friends, advocates, and relevant others to ensure effective communication of patient status and care plans and to encourage and support a patient-centered and family-friendly style within the hospital environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and can work effectively with a diversity of personalities Must be approachable, show respect for others and be able to present data with effective communication and presentation skills.
• Must have the ability to develop flexible, transferable models for pathways of care.
• Actively demonstrates leadership and a mature sense of priorities and solid practical experience who can design and implement systems within the framework of technical boundaries.
• Performs as a strong team player who builds consensus and promotes the concepts of people working together versus individual performance.
• Possesses high degree of mental effort, concentration and accuracy
• Demonstrates critical thinking
• Flexibility to changing work schedule and changing demands
• Exercises judgment/make decisions to determine extent of problems and to decide on appropriate course of action.
• Demonstrates the ability to see the big picture to implement change in patient care
Minimum Qualifications, Training, and Experience
• MD/DO with Medical Staff privileges at Eskenazi Health
• Have an updated and active Medical license to practice in the state of Indiana
• Have an updated and active DEA number
• Must have completed a residency in Internal Medicine or equivalent training program and be BE/BC or equivalent
Eskenazi Health has been named to Becker's Hospital Review's 2018 list of "150 Great Places to Work In Health Care." This is the 3rd year in a row now that EH has received this honor.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page